CBI VACCINATION POLICY
Approved 1/20/22 by Board of Trustees
Throughout the pandemic our first priority has been the health and safety of the entire congregation. Given the continued circulation of the Delta variant and the rise and recent dominance of the Omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus, we want to continue to ensure that we gather in a manner that is safe and responsible. After consulting with our Health Protocols Committee, the Board of Trustees has approved the following protocols for Shabbat morning services, B’nai Mitzvot, and other religious services, programs and activities which take place inside of CBI’s building effective as of January 29, 2022:
- Proof of Vaccination – Subject to the exceptions outlined below, proof of full vaccination will be required by all eligible congregants, worshipers, employees, contractors, vendors and guests 5 years and older when entering the building. You may show your vaccination card or an official vaccination registry at the door as proof. Additionally, our staff will work to implement a system whereby proof of vaccination can be documented with CBI electronically. Once this system is in place and your upload is complete, vaccination documentation for each entry into the building will not be necessary. We will notify you once this system is available. The confidentiality of any information submitted to this database is not guaranteed. Negative PCR, or other negative COVID tests are NOT an acceptable alternative to vaccination documentation.
- Full Vaccination – Full vaccination means two initial shots of an MRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) plus a booster if eligible, or one shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, plus a booster if eligible. You will not be required to have obtained any shots for which you are not eligible. For example, if you are not able to receive a vaccine or booster shot because of your age, medical condition or recent Covid infection, that shot will not be required. If newly eligible for a booster, you have a 30-day grace period to get this shot. See below for procedures to request accommodations and exceptions.
- Children under the age of 5 – Unvaccinated children under 5 must remain masked and stay with their family unit or under the supervision of our pre-school for the duration of the service/program.
- Vaccination Documentation Verification – For any programs that do not have a staff member or volunteer at the door, it is the responsibility of the host or program organizer to confirm that all attendees are fully vaccinated and attest that they obtained proof from all eligible parties.
- Accommodations and Exceptions – CBI may honor requests for accommodations and exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons. If you wish to request such an accommodation or exception, please contact Paul Gibilisco (ExecutiveDirector@cbi-nj.org; 973-370-3811 x118). Employees will be eligible to request accommodations and exceptions as well. Our Executive Director may also make exceptions for vendors and contractors who are entering the building for limited periods of time and/or accessing remote locations where they are unlikely to come into close contact with others.
- Existing Policies – All other existing policies approved by our Health Protocols Committee relating to masking, social distancing and other health and safety protocols remain in effect. This policy will supplement, and not replace, our other policies.Of course, as you understand, we reserve the right to rescind, amend or supplement this policy at any time. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in implementing these new policies and procedures. The CBI community has successfully navigated the changing parameters of the pandemic to ensure that we can maintain our connections and remain healthy. We are hopeful that these guidelines will continue to achieve this goal.