The CBI Men’s Club is dedicated to supporting the synagogue’s mission through engaging programming, community outreach and financial and logistical assistance. Our programming is centered around events that encourage participation from Men’s Club members and the entire CBI community.
Our signature events include:
- Man of the Year and Hanukkah Dinner Dance – The dinner is hosted by Men’s Club and open to the entire CBI community. It serves as a celebration of the holiday and the accomplishments of a member who has made a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
- Men’s Club Shabbat – An entire weekend of programming that starts with Friday night Shabbat dinner. Weekend services led by Men’s Club members. The weekend ends with an annual cooking contest with the winner being awarded the coveted Kiddush Kup!
- Annual Paid-Up Breakfast – An opportunity for members to gather for Sunday morning schmoozing combined with a special interest speaker. Past guests have included authors, former basketball stars and local law enforcement.
- Rosh Hashanah Challah Sale and Passover Wine Sale – Men’s Club coordinates Challah and Wine Sales to make holidays extra special!
- Scotch in The Sukkah – An opportunity to try a special selection of scotches, bourbons, and ryes. Tasting notes are provided. The event is open all.
- Men’s Club Softball – Men’s Club fields a team for the Livingston Men’s Club Softball league and is a perennial playoff contender!
- Men’s Club Pick–up Basketball – An opportunity to get together twice a week with friends to play pickup basketball.
- WWW (World Wide Wrap) – Members teach sixth graders the basics of wrapping tefillin at this annual event.
- Israel Day Parade – Men’s Club organizes an annual delegation from CBI to the New York City parade. This includes making banners and posters to support the event.
- Community Projects – Men’s Club supports local soup kitchens and food pantries with donation of food and volunteers.